Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Date Field question - enter prior dates only

Level 2

I would like a date field where the user must enter a date that is at least 1,095 days (3 years) prior to todays date.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, you variable dateToday doesnt need to have the function Date2Num, as I said, Date() returns the same value as Date2Num would

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Using FormCalc, you can use the function Date2Num() and have the following algorithm:

var dateEntered = Date2Num(dateField.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

var dateToday = Date2Num(date(), "YYYY-MM-DD")

if (dateEntered gt dateToday - 1095) then

//code here

endif

Level 2

Thanks for your reply

I entered what you sent me as an exit event but I get a script error. I am assuming that is because I have not told it what I want it to do so,

How do I tell it to clear whatever incorrect date was entered and then display a message similar to "Sorry that is not a valid Date of Birth for this Form"

form1.#subform[0].ClientInfo1.DateOfBirth::exit - (FormCalc, client)

var dateEntered = Date2Num(dateField.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

//code here

endif

Level 10

The error occured because there was no code inside the "if" brackets where I wrote //code here.....

and secondly, if you don't change dateField you will have another error... Choose either "this" or "DateOfBirth"

and third (srry about this one) Date() already returns a Number, no need to use Date2Num

var dateEntered = Date2Num(this.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

var dateToday = Date()

xfa.host.messageBox("Sorry that is not a valid Date of Birth for this Form.", "Validaton Failed", 0)

endif

Level 2

First,

Thank you for your time, it is much appreciated.

I have entered the code as you have suggested, but I get the messagebox no mater what date I enter. Is there something else that I am missing here?

var dateEntered = Date2Num(DateOfBirth.rawValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

xfa.host.messageBox("Sorry that is not a valid Date of Birth for this Form.", "Validaton Failed", 0)

endif

Correct answer by
Level 10

Yes, you variable dateToday doesnt need to have the function Date2Num, as I said, Date() returns the same value as Date2Num would

Level 2

My apologies. Somehow I missed that bit about Date().

Things are now functioning as I had hoped,

Just wanted to take a moment to say thankyou. It is the willingness of people like you give of your time and knowledge that make these things possible for people like me that might only have to create the occasional form.

Level 10

Hi,

when you check dates or times, you better grab the formattedValue instead of the rawValue, as they can be different when you did not provide a data pattern.

var dateEntered = Date2Num($.formattedValue, "YYYY-MM-DD")

if (dateEntered gt Date() - 1095) then

endif