Expand my Community achievements bar.

Database driven form

Level 1

We need to create a PDF form from some information in our line of business database.

We want users at our home to use several pulldown lists to choose information that will be populated into a number of fields in the form, which will be locked when the form is ready to be disemminated to those that will fill it in.

Once the form hass been customized by our in house staff, we want to be able to save a fillable form that can be saved.

We will then disemminate this form to our users who wil fill in the blanks, and return the for to us.

I've seen a demo for this using an XFA embedded form that then updated a PDF file. This is in essence what I want to do, because I dont want the staff in our office to have to know anything about the designer tools.

The other issue to face here is that while this set of forms is in our office, they will be able to connect to our database to get the information that will be used to customize the form, but once the PDF leaves the building, such connections cannot be maitianed, so that PDF must be 'finalized' here in the office - if you get my meaning.

I am new to these tools, and am hoping that someone else has come across a solution like this.

Thank you for your time.

David Buttrick

0 Replies