Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data List Box

Level 1

I have a Data List Box from a access database, it has quite a few values for the user to select. The problem I have is if the user scrolls to the bottom of the list and chooses next to the last entry and clicks the retrieve data button, the list returns to the beginning of the list and the user has to scroll to the bottom to click the last record. How can I stop this list from resetting to the BOF.

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I woudl need to see the form in action to determine what is happening. If they select something then that value should be at the top of the drop down (selected). If they want to choose something else then they will have to scroll through the list again. Is this what you are seeing?

Paul

Level 1

The problem will be that the dat list box is populated from an SQL server on our network. But what you mention is what I'm seeing. If they scroll all the weay to the bottom of the list and choose that name, when they retreive the data, the box resets back to the first name and they have to scroll all the way to the bottom again if they want another name on the bottom. .