Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customizing header and footers

Level 3

I tried everything I could think of and I'm so close to getting this to work but missing one small piece.  I created a customer pop-up within a form that sets up the header and footer.  It works fine of the header and footer piece is within the form but I have my header and footer on the master page.  I have everything working from having the pop-up come up, make the selection and click ok and the pop-up goes away.  The only issue is nothing shows up in the header and footer once the okay button is clicked.  Here's how I have the script set up...

form.subForm_p1.PopupTool.Button:click - (JavaScript, client)

var header = "";

var rl = form.subForm_p1.PopupTool.RadioList.rawValue;

if (rl == 1) {

header = "title one";

}

if (rl == 2) {

header = "title two";

}

if (rl == 3) {

header = "title three";

}

if (rl == 4) {

header = "title four";

}

xfa.resolveNode("masterPages.Page1.topTitle").rawValue = header;

xfa.resolveNode("masterPages.Page1.bottomTitle").rawValue = header;

This is what I have and everything seems to work okay except for nothing shows up.  Any help on this would be greatly

5 Replies

Former Community Member

The resolveNode may be failing at run-time. If you have Acrobat, enable JavaScript debugging and check the console (Ctrl-J). The sample depicted below updates the header through the PageSet.

Untitled.png

Steve

Level 3

I can't get it to work for me...ugh this is so fustrating.

Thanks so much for your help.

Former Community Member

If you can forward your form I'd be happy to take a look.

stwalker.adobe@gmail.com

Steve

Level 3

I just sent you the XML file.  Hope you can still view it okay.  Thanks so much.

Level 3

I think I have it figured out.  I try putting the pop-up in the master page and that seems to work fine, but is there a way to have it show on top of the text??  Right when the pop-up shows up it's behind some of the text in the form and it becomes hard to use.  Also is there a way to lock the text or something once selected because I then noticed as I'm going through the form if a paragraph flows onto the next page the header and footer go away or reset itself to where the user has to select the option again.  Thanks for any help you can give on this.