Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customizing Guides Using Flex Builder

Level 2

Hi I want modify the appearance of form guides by creating/modifying stylesheet for them. So I started with this documentation:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/fgcustomize.pdf

When I'm reading/trying the paragraph "Importing sample Flex library projects" it tells me:

"After you import the project, you can compile it and add the compiled extension library to your Guide using the Guide Design perspective in Workbench ES2."

Unfortunatelly there is a error in Flash Builder 4:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Guides\samples\projects\extensions\bin\extensions.swc (Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden*)

*In English: "The system couldn't find this path."

What did I wrong? How can I solve the problem?

- I only know there is no such path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Guides\samples\projects\extensions\bin

- And where do I get extensions.swc?

I'm using Flash Builder 4 with Flex 3.4 SDK from LC Workbench ES2 installation.

cu Floh

2 Replies

Former Community Member

We don't provide the precompiled swc as part of the project. After importing the sample project and compiling, there will be a guide_extension.swc file created in the bin directory of your Flex project. (The sample project name is 'guide_extension' based on the .project file and the swc is actually on disk under the Flex Project's workspace directory, not the original location of the sample project files).

From within Flex Builder itself, copy/move that SWC into your Workbench Application and reference it in the Guide extensions option.

Does that make sense? The documentation could be a little clearer in this regards.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 2

Today when I started Flash Builder 4 the problem was gone. I think its because of weird Windows 7 rights management. You're not allowed to write datas in system-directories like "program file". (I dunno when you're alllowed and when you're not)

Yesterday i run Flash Builder 4 as administrator once (after I had a problem) because I installed a plugin. Maybe while it was running as admin Flash Builder 4 could write datas create bin-directory and write swc into it.

I started over reading documentation and I copied the directory+content C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle Workbench ES2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Guides\samples\projects\extensions into my own workspace (like pguerett suggested here), I don't have problem here.

Thank you!

Floh