Expand my Community achievements bar.

Customizable PDF Question: Customizing for different Reps and Companies

Level 1

I am working on creating a customizable PDF that will be around 50 pages long. I will be sending out these PDFs to representatives for my company to use with their own clients.

I want them to be able to customize the PDF by being able to input their institution's name once and for it to replace anywhere in the PDF where is says, "[Institution Name]".

I also want them to be able to pick and chose from the 50 pages which pages they want to include because not all pages of the PDF will be relevant to all projects. (Simply deleting the pages will be a little too complicated for the representatives and they will only have acrobat available for them to use.)   Is this possible through some sort of checklist that they can mark what pages to include then create a new PDF from that or something of this sort?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions for me on either issue.  Thank you

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

50 pages is a lot to handle. The practicalities may depend on the number of options that the Reps have to consider.

One solution is Here: Re: Password protect subforms Stephen has a neat solution where the Reps know what inputs to put in to make a subform visible. This subform could contain fields for the name of the institution and checkboxes to make pages visible or hidden.

The institute name really depends on where the name is located. Is it in the object captions or object values? You can change both with script, but it will be much easier if the institute name is in the value of a field.

The first option to consider is to place the institute name field on the Master Page. This will then appear on all pages. Then select one location where the Reps will fill in the institute name and then set this binding to Global in the Object > Binding tab. Make sure that all of the institute objects have the exact same name. This way when the institute name is updated in one location, it will be automatically updated in all bound locations.

Hope that helps,

Niall