Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Custom whiteboard for application

Level 1

I need to create a complete custom whiteboard whith only 2-3 custom controls and make it work using LCCS. How can I do that?

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Could you describe a little more of what you’re trying to do?

nigel

Level 1

i need to create white board with custom controls(pen,eraser and colors only)and make it working with lccs.How can i do?

Employee

Hi,

You can set your custom toolBar using the API – SharedWhiteBoard.shapesToolBar. To build one yourself

var shapeToolBar:WBToolBarDescriptor = new WBToolBarDescriptor(false);

var rectangleToolShape:WBShapeToolBarDescriptor = new WBShapeToolBarDescriptor(WBShapeToolBarDescriptor.TOOL);

rectangleToolShape.toolTip = "Rectangle Tool";

rectangleToolShape.shapeFactory = simpleShapeFactory; //Rectangle Shape Factory

rectangleToolShape.icon = ICON_RECTANLGE;

shapeToolBar.addShapeToolBar(rectangleToolShape);

var shapesToolShape:WBShapeToolBarDescriptor = new WBShapeToolBarDescriptor(WBShapeToolBarDescriptor.TOOL);

shapesToolShape.toolTip = "Shapes";

shapesToolShape.icon = ICON_SHAPES;

shapesToolShape.children = shapeSubToolBar.children; // Adding the children of the shapeSubToolBar to the ToolBar Component

shapeToolBar(shapesToolShape); // This toolBar component would have the sub Tool bar when clicked.

var lineToolShape:WBShapeToolBarDescriptor = new WBShapeToolBarDescriptor(WBShapeToolBarDescriptor.TOOL);

lineToolShape.toolTip = _lm.getString("Line Tool");

lineToolShape.icon = ICON_LINE;

lineToolShape.shapeFactory = arrowFactory;

lineToolShape.shapeData = WBArrowShapeFactory.NO_ARROW_HEAD;

shapeToolBar.addShapeToolBar(lineToolShape);

var highLightPenToolShape:WBShapeToolBarDescriptor = new WBShapeToolBarDescriptor(WBShapeToolBarDescriptor.TOOL);

highLightPenToolShape.toolTip =_lm.getString("Highlighter Pen Tool");

highLightPenToolShape.shapeFactory = markerFactory;

highLightPenToolShape.shapeData = WBMarkerShapeFactory.HIGHLIGHTER;

highLightPenToolShape.icon = ICON_HIGHLIGHTER_PEN;

shapeToolBar.addShapeToolBar(highLightPenToolShape);

SharedWhiteBoard.shapesToolBar = shapeToolBar;

It might be a bit hard, but you can use LCCS SDK src & WhiteBoardCustomShapes to build your own custom tool bar for WhiteBoard.

Thanks

Arun

From: Adobe Forums <forums@adobe.com<mailto:forums@adobe.com>>

Reply-To: "jive-61736184-2s3s-2-2cbau@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-61736184-2s3s-2-2cbau@mail.forums.adobe.com>" <jive-61736184-2s3s-2-2cbau@mail.forums.adobe.com<mailto:jive-61736184-2s3s-2-2cbau@mail.forums.adobe.com>>

Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 23:57:14 -0700

To: Arun <aponnusa@adobe.com<mailto:aponnusa@adobe.com>>

Subject: Custom whiteboard for application

Re: Custom whiteboard for application

created by guptaNeena<http://forums.adobe.com/people/guptaNeena> in Adobe LiveCycle Collaboration Service - View the full discussion<http://forums.adobe.com/message/3933750#3933750

Level 1

That was helpful.

I am now facing an issue regarding cleaning of the WhiteBoard data. When I launch the application again, it show previous data stiil there in the room. How can I cleanup that?

Former Community Member

Hi,

If you’re looking to have the whiteboard cleared between sessions, configuring its model to be sessionDependent will do so. If you just want to programmatically clear the whiteboard, try looking at the docs for sharedWBModel :

http://livedocs.adobe.com/labs/acrobatcom/com/adobe/rtc/pods/sharedWhiteBoardClasses/SharedWBModel.h...

you can get the set of shapeIDs, and remove them all, as needed.

nigel