Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom pop-up that controls header and footer

Level 3

I have a pop-up box that was created for a form and I was wondering if there is a way to control the header and footer that is on the master page based on what the selections from the pop-up box are.  I had a drop down controlling the header and footer using xfa.resolveNode ... but it would only work on the first page.  I need it to work on all pages of the form.  The pop-up box was created in designer using the invisible and visible scripts but the header and footer is on the designer page.  I need a way to do the same thing but with the header and footer on the master page.  Any help on this is much appreciated...thanks.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

You refer to a pop-up box and then presence attributes (visible and invisible). Is the object an Acrobat pop-up menu object or are you simply using a sub-form?

Steve

Level 3

yes, a subform was used to create the pop-up box.

Level 3

The way its setup is there is a button on the form that says add header and footer.  When the user clicks on the button a pop-up (subform) comes up with the choices (radio buttons) and a button again that says add header and footer.  The pop-up box then goes away.  When that button is clicked I'm looking for a way when the user clicks the second button it adds the choices to the header and footer which are on the master page. 

For the pop-up button I have the code as follows.  I shortened the code some but this is the basis of it and sorry I have the form on an intranet so I can't attached the actual form to show you.

var hf = " ";

var c1 = form.subform_p1.subform_hf.rb_hf.rawValue;

if (c1==1) {

hf = "Proprietary Information";

}

if (c1==2) {

hf = "For Official Use Only";

}

***the example gives this but I need a code for it to work on the master page header and footer***

form.subform_p1.header_top.rawValue = classify;

form.subform_p1.footer_bottom.rawValue = classify;

hope this gives you a better idea.