Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Current Date Problem

Level 1

Hello,

I'm admittedly a beginner user.  I'm trying to get a form to display the current date.

I've followed the instructions in the Help file exactly, and everything seems to make sense, but all I get in the preview is a blank field.

Hopefully it's a very simple question with a simple solution.

Thank you for any help you can give. 

8 Replies

Former Community Member

In Designer 8 there is an object in the Custom tab called 'CurrentDate'.

Level 1

Thank you, that makes more sense than manually doing it with a Date/Time object.

However, I think the problem must be something else, as it is now telling me "Parts of this object cannot be used in forms with PDF artwork".

I have a PDF file that I imported, which I'm guessing is the problem.  However, I do need the field to be available on this existing PDF file.

Thank you again.

Level 1

Unfortunately, no.  The field is still empty when I use the Current Date object.

Former Community Member

I believe this post: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/425395?tstart=0 may help you with samples of JavaScript and how to manipulate and display the Date() object within a PDF.

Level 1

Attached is a sample of the problem I'm having.  I simply create a PDF, import it into LiveCycle Designer, and add a CurrentDate object.

Thank you

Former Community Member

The system is having an issue with attachments ..can you post the sample to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Paul