Expand my Community achievements bar.

CS3 Lifecycle PDF form issues opening and blank pages

Level 1

I downloaded a PDF form and added text fields, numeric and calculated fields (FormCalc) using Lifecylce in CS3.  I now have CS5 and Lifecycle ES  When I use the original form and input data it calculates and looks fine.  I can open it no issues.  I email it to my clients, some say the fields are blank, some say they get an error opening it, others have no issues.  Do I need to make some sort of changes to the PDF file, or maybe the ones that can't open or see blank don't have the correct version of Reader?

I can provide the file if necessary

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Which product are they using to view the PDF?

Paul

Level 1

They are using Acrobat Reader, lots of different clients of mine, so don't have any idea what version.  I never had any issues until I installed Acrobat v9 and the new LifeCycle.

Former Community Member

Can you get the version numbers that your clients are using? In the Form Properties you can set a target version .....did you change this?

Thanks

Paul

Level 1

No it's at the minimum version of 7.x

Former Community Member

Everything seems to be in order .....can you send the problem PDF to LiveCycle8@gmail.com and I will try to reproduce the issue. Please include a description of the issue in the email as there is no corelation between the email and this forum.

Thanks

Paul