Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating vertical overflowing text fields

Level 2

I am a newbie to LifeCycle Designer. I am using version 8.0 and saving to Acrobat 7 (Static) for greater compatibility.

I have created a form with 3 vertical text fields and need for each of them to auto- expand in height and be able to flow throw the next page if necessary.

I have created a footer label in the Master Page, so the overflowing text shouldn’t write over it.

I tried creating a table with three rows but the height seems to be fixed even though it is set to Expand to fit.

If you have an example, that would be better.

Would appreciate any help on this.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Setting textfields and rows to expand to fit, is a dynamic behaviour. If your form is saved as a Static PDF, then it won't work.

Save the form as a Dynamic XML Form in the save as dialog and it should work:

LC SaveAs Dialog.png

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

That seems to have worked, if I use Adobe Acorbat reader. I tried using another third party PDF reader but it doesn't work.

Also, if the text is larger than the page it displays outside ofthe page. i tried creating another page area where I would like the text to continue but it is not working.

I put the table in a Subform and set the overflow to go to the new content area I created in the master page (So I hoped would go to the next page).

Level 10

Hi,

Third party readers can be a problem. I have a post here dealing with Apple Preview, but I know similar problems exist with other readers like PDF-XChange.

See http://assure.ly/hd4jFh

To get objects to flow onto a new page, you need to change the page type to Flowed and probably will need to amend the pagination settings. There is an example here that deals with building dynamic tables. http://assure.ly/gBJYj9, have a look at Tables 2, 3 and 4. There are screenshots which show how you set up the page to flowed.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Assure Dynamics

Level 2

I noticed that as soon as I changed the page content type from Positioned to flowed, it positioned all my previews text boxes vertically. I tried wrapping all my previous textboxes in a positioned subform and wrapped my expanding table in a flowed subform and both in a flowed subform but it doesn't seem to work and is completly displaced.