Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating PDF form from Livecycle with no security

Level 4

Every time I save the Livecycle form as a pdf, it has security on it. I want all security off so that I can modify the pdf using all the tools in Acrobat. How can I save the Livecycle form as a pdf with all security off?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

That is impossible with a LiveCycle Designer form. Create form with Acrobat and you can use all tools in Acrobat.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

The PDF security model has gotten tighter, justifiably, in recent Acrobat/Reader releases. Which security feature(s) do you want disabled and why?

Steve

Level 4

I want no security because I am the only user of this form. I re-made the form of an employment agency so that I can email it to them, instead of faxing it (fax is so old!). And I want all security OFF. Is that possible? Before I re-engineered the whole form, I scanned it in and saved it as a PDF, and it has no security settings. They all say, "Allowed." That's what I want for this form.

Correct answer by
Level 3

That is impossible with a LiveCycle Designer form. Create form with Acrobat and you can use all tools in Acrobat.

Level 4

Thank you for that information. I'm trying to re-create in Acrobat the same form I have in Livecycle. I see that all security is off, and I can use all the tools. However, I can't find a way to make rectangles or text boxes or tables with rounded corners. This is very easy in Livecycle. I wonder if I can go back and forth from Acrobat to Livecycle and then back to Acrobat again in order to use the more flexible tools in Livecycle.

Level 3

No, Acrobat and LiveCycle Designer are two different products.