I posted a similar message to this one about 3 months ago. I had to work on other projects and also learn more about the process to make this happen. In a nutshell, here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
- User downloads form from our website and fills it in. (dynamic form is complete)
- User clicks "Submit Form" button on form and XML data is sent to our server. (I'm currently learning about MySQL and PHP, not my forte)
- PHP script on server receives XML and adds input (field data) to database.
- Once that data has been input, another (or the same) PHP script will pull that data from the database and populate a pre-formatted PDF with it.
- Finally, the new PDF will be sent back to the user as an attachment to an email.
Does this sound like the way it should be done? If so, could someone with experience in doing this provide me with a rough sketch of the sorts of necessary components that will come into play so that I can create a list of things to learn? At this point, what I DO know is that the form will submit its information in XML format and be read by a PHP script. That's about it.