Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Creating multiple forms, importing Excel data, and form size?

Level 1

Hello all,

I am a relatively new user to the Adobe LiveCycle Designer software.  I currently have ES2 installed on my company computer.  I've been tinkering with the program and searching the community for a few weeks.  I've now decided to actively seek out help in completing my current project.  I have a couple of ideas, but I'm unsure of the program's capability.  I also have minimal coding experience.

Project Background

I am currently trying to optimize an existing form that my department uses.  This form contains 3 image fields and a 2 row by 6 column table.  We currently use this form by manually inputting data in the open form fields, then save the form, and then print the form to a flattened PDF.  We will produce this form multiple times, where each form will have different data inputted.

Objectives

The following is a list of objectives I would like to achieve with this new form:

1. The ability to import data from a .xlsx or .csv file into the table with a click of a button.  Additionally, if possible, I would like for the program to create a new form for each row of data.
  2. The ability to copy the form to create an identical form - essentially used to eliminate the redundancy of inputting certain exisitng data from the previous form.
  3. A more efficient way to compile all created forms and convert them to a flattened PDF, instead of printing to PDF for each form.
  4. An efficient way to reduce the size of a form after creating them.  When I open the form template, the file size is approximately 200 kb.  After filling in all the required fields, the form size increases to 10,000-15,000 kb.  I have turned off embedded fonts.

I know this might sound complicated, so I will gladly try and clarify if need be.  Attached is an image of our form with comments.

Example Form for Forum_print.png

0 Replies