Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Creating multiple forms, importing Excel data, and form size?

raynorsurfer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am a relatively new user to the Adobe LiveCycle Designer software.  I currently have ES2 installed on my company computer.  I've been tinkering with the program and searching the community for a few weeks.  I've now decided to actively seek out help in completing my current project.  I have a couple of ideas, but I'm unsure of the program's capability.  I also have minimal coding experience.

Project Background

I am currently trying to optimize an existing form that my department uses.  This form contains 3 image fields and a 2 row by 6 column table.  We currently use this form by manually inputting data in the open form fields, then save the form, and then print the form to a flattened PDF.  We will produce this form multiple times, where each form will have different data inputted.

Objectives

The following is a list of objectives I would like to achieve with this new form:

1. The ability to import data from a .xlsx or .csv file into the table with a click of a button.  Additionally, if possible, I would like for the program to create a new form for each row of data.
  2. The ability to copy the form to create an identical form - essentially used to eliminate the redundancy of inputting certain exisitng data from the previous form.
  3. A more efficient way to compile all created forms and convert them to a flattened PDF, instead of printing to PDF for each form.
  4. An efficient way to reduce the size of a form after creating them.  When I open the form template, the file size is approximately 200 kb.  After filling in all the required fields, the form size increases to 10,000-15,000 kb.  I have turned off embedded fonts.

I know this might sound complicated, so I will gladly try and clarify if need be.  Attached is an image of our form with comments.

Example Form for Forum_print.png

0 Replies