Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a web form with Live Cycle

Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to figure out if this is possible. I have created a form/pdf in Live Cycle to place on my website. (c21vreeland.com look in the left column and click "Apply Online" and then on the next page click "Download" What I am trying to do is have my visitors fill out this form online, which they can do. I then want them to be able to email the completed form to me without leaving my website. I then want them to be able to print the completed form. In Live Cycle I added the email submit and saved the form as an xml document. The problem there is that I only get the results in an email and not the entire completed form. When I save it as a pdf then they can't email it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Forms created in LC Designer can be deployed as a HTML form, but ONLY if you have the LC Forms server component. Otherwise you can only really deploy as a PDF.

First off the form is saved as a Dynamic XML Form. This is okay if the form requires dynamic features, such as showing/hiding fields. But if it does not require dynamic features, then you should save it as a Static PDF Form in the save-as dialog. This is much more likely to open in the browser than a Dynamic XML Form.

The second part about filling the form and not leaving the website is not really possible. When the user clicks on the link for the Static PDF form, it should open, but it will take the full screen for Acrobat/Reader.

In relation to the email, you are using an email submission button. You would have more control over a regular button. See examples here: http://assure.ly/fiTm2i.

Generally, I would try and get a grid going and align the objects. Also you should number pages, subforms and objects as you go.

Hope that helps,

Niall

Level 1

Hi,

Thank you for your quick and informed reply. I greatly appreciate it.

Dave C.