Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.

Creating a repeatable Signature Field

Level 2

Hello

I have a Signature field i'm trying to create new instances of inside of a table/subform.

It's giving me an error saying The signature field cannot be repeatable.

Is there a way around this so that i can still create multiple signature fields? My form requires me to have a signature field for each Review Table created.

The user creates a review table and once that review table is finished, theres a signature at the end of it that is required from the user.

The user can create multiple review tables. Everything else is repeatable. JUST THE SIGNATURE FIELD.

5 Replies

Level 1

I have the same issue. Did you find a way to get the repeating signatures?

Level 10

Hi zfg0,

I manage to get mine working. Although, it's not really a repeatable subform or signature field.

I simply made a template of the signature field within a subform, copy / pasted that subform 'x' number of times figuring they wouldn't need more than that number of signature for my form's purpose. As soon as they click the plus(+) button to add a signature, it simply set the next subform's presence to visible. And vice-versa if they need to remove a signature field, simply set the last subform's presence to hidden.

I hope this will help you.

Level 1

Hi Magus,

Thanks for the idea! Does your method put a signature after every new row? Or all of them at the end? I need them after each row.

Cecelia

Level 10

The only reason why you need more than 1 signature is because more than 1 person needs to sign the form.

If one person has to sign the same form multiple times, you might want to re-analyze how to develop your form.

The way I did it was, I created 5 identical subforms that are not instances of one repeatable subform.

The signature fields are within each subform and if they wish to add signature, they simply click on a plus(+) button to show the next signature field. This way they cannot have more than 5 signature fields.

The subforms are not part of a table with rows, it is simply 5 separated subforms part of the form's design.