Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating a link from a designer form to a pdf document

Level 1

I'm using Acrobat Pro 9.1.  I've created a portfolio containing pdf douments and forms I created in LC Designer ES.  I have created links in the documents which allow me to jump to the forms, but how do I create links in the forms to jump back to the documents?  The link tool is not available when trying to create the link in the form.  Please help - does anyone have an answer?

3 Replies

Level 1

Does anyone have any information that would help answer this question?

I'm using Acrobat Pro 9.1.  I've created a portfolio containing pdf douments and forms I created in LC Designer ES.  I have created links in the documents which allow me to jump to the forms, but how do I create links in the forms to jump back to the documents?  The link tool is not available when trying to create the link in the form.

Level 4

it may not be quite right for your workflow but there is the app.opendoc function that allows you to trigger the opening of a pdf from a livecycle forms event  - (say a checkbox click event)

so that you could have a button or whatever for "go back to form" and script the click event with the app.opendoc command

app.openDoc("EXAMPLEfilename.pdf"); -

hope that helps

Level 1

Thank you, I'll look into that.

Nikki