Expand my Community achievements bar.

Creating 2 Drop-Down Lists, with the second list changing depending on whats selected in the first

Former Community Member

Hi,

I'm pretty new to all this, but im currently trying to design a form. Within the form I would like a drop-down list that has e.g. "Make" > then when the "make" is selected, only the "models" offered by that "make" are available to choose from in the second drop-down list.

I would be extremely greatful if someone could explain how to set this up, or even attach a completed one which I am able to edit.

Thank You in advance!

(Just incase you are wondering there will be 4 "makes/brands" each with about 9 model options for each)

3 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

While ago I also faced this issue, so I'm sharing my solution with you.

1) I prepared some XSD schema with XML data file where i'm storing data for drop downs.

2) To make it dependable I'm using some scripting, you can check it from example. Also tehere is some function to remove duplicates from data file.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 6

Hi,

While ago I was solving this issue, so I'm sharin my solution with you.

1) I prepared some XSD schema and Xml data file for drop downs.

2) To make drop downs depandable i'm using some scripting. You can check it from example.

I attached some file, put it to one folder,rename bind_xsd.xml to bind.xsd,  open pdf from Designer ES and preview it.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 6

Sorry for few posts, there was something wrong with my authorisation.

Here compiled pdf.