Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Create image as a hyperlink

Level 2

Using : designer and AEM v6.5

I have to use a image but that image should be clickable and link will open after click event.

So tried making image clickable but not able to. Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Clickable image can be done in one of two ways: Use an Image object and overlay with a button, use an ImageField and use the click event. I add a sample for the first here with a transparent button https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:543a474b-db79-4383-b5e1-0734e6c3cdd4

Note though, xfa.host.gotoURL will only work in browsers as you would expect. And because most browsers cannot display XFA PDF we are talking IE11 only these days. If you click on the link button inside Acrobat/Reader it depends on which settings and which version whether or not the URL opens in a new browser window (default browser).

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Clickable image can be done in one of two ways: Use an Image object and overlay with a button, use an ImageField and use the click event. I add a sample for the first here with a transparent button https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:543a474b-db79-4383-b5e1-0734e6c3cdd4

Note though, xfa.host.gotoURL will only work in browsers as you would expect. And because most browsers cannot display XFA PDF we are talking IE11 only these days. If you click on the link button inside Acrobat/Reader it depends on which settings and which version whether or not the URL opens in a new browser window (default browser).

Level 2

Capture.PNGThanks for answering my question.

i tried using button and click event as attached the screenshot. but when i try this xdp and create interactive communication in aem forms and download the pdf it is not working.

As pdf which you shared is working fine so that means i have settings for my adobe reader to click the image.

Please light some more so that i can make xdp work through interactive communication and download the pdf from their.

Thanks in advance.

Level 4
You just provided a vital piece of information you left out in your initial question. Interactive Communication produces printable PDF, not interactive XFA PDF. That explains why your links don't work. And that cannot be changed as far as I know the product.