Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Create form with an expanding table

Level 1

I am trying to create a fax sheet for one of our customer service reps.  She needs to occasionally fax over a list of names, acct #'s, etc to our collection agency to have individuals removed. Since it's done on an as needed basis, I want to use a table to create an expandable number of rows since the number of accounts will vary.  I've searched all over but can't seem to find out how or even if it's possible.  I am using LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2.  Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Give this one a go. The most common mistake when creating dynamic forms is forgetting to save the form as a dynamic .pdf.

FYI. Something is amiss with this form. I should not be over 1MB.

Steve

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Former Community Member

A simple form with a dynamic table is attached.

p1.png

Steve

Level 1

Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've attempted to copy/paste the example you provided.  It works fine in it's original form, but when I move it to mine, it will not add items or delete rows.  My javascript knowledge is non-existent...sorry.  What am I missing?  I've attached the form in a basic format for review.  Thanks again!!!

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Give this one a go. The most common mistake when creating dynamic forms is forgetting to save the form as a dynamic .pdf.

FYI. Something is amiss with this form. I should not be over 1MB.

Steve

Level 1

Does anyone have an idea how to create a table with expanding columns based on a schema? I have a varaible number of columns that I want to show.

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----