Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Create Data Model from XML Schema (XSD)

Level 2

Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? I only see options to import from BlazeDS, LCDS, HTTP and Web Service. Thanks.

7 Replies

Level 3

Not directly, but in theory you could use some sort of xslt to convert it.

I believe this capability is coming....  It is certainly needed!

Gareth

Level 2

Thanks Gareth. That's what I thought. How about creating a model or Guide from an XFA form? I guess that's also a no until SP1?

Level 3

I am not sure if that capability is coming with SP1, I thought it would just allow you to

1) Create a model from an xsd

2) Create a dynamic PDF form from a model

Can anyone else comment on this?

Gareth

Level 2

Talked to Jim Leask yesterday and he mentioned that XFA to Data Model was coming and probably not XSD to Data Model. Dynamic interactive PDF with data model would be nice. Right now associating a data model to an interactive form make the form static and non-interactive.

Level 1

So we've touted this model-based capability in ES2, but we don't have

any mechanism for bringing the most common model in the world, XSD,

into ES2? Please tell me I'm missing something obvious and that if I

already have a model I don't have to completely redo everything in

Fiber.

Level 3

Hi Scott,

The only obvious thing I can mention is that an XML Schema can be used in a LiveCycle application. You can create an xml variable and associate it with an XSD. That's useful of course when processing form data that has been submitted from a PDF Form. But there are many other reasons you might need to pass XML data around within an LC application and such data can be bound to a schema (see the properties of an XML variable). Sorry if that might be too obvious though The point about not being able to use an XSD as the model for a Guide is true. The model needs to be an FML for Guides and FML is not auto generated from XSD.

Level 1

What is our answer when customers ask us about XSD for Guides? Do we

have any sort of conversion or anything?