Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Create a PDF with DDX that can be converted to PCL by generatePrintedOutput

Level 8
Level 8

Hi all,

I have a scenario that puzzles me a bit.

I have some forms that are Interactive forms (stored as XDP with the property Dynamic XML Form).

I need to assemble these xdp-forms (and fill them with data) and add it all up in one PDF. This PDf should be converted to PCL and later shipped off to a printer. However I see a conflict in doing this by using the Invoke DDX and generatePrintedOutput services.

I can easily create my PDF, but to make it work I have to include the <NoForms> tag in my DDX. However when I do this I end up with a non xfa-based PDF. When I try to pass this to the generatePrintedOutput service it complains that the form is not XFA-based.

If I then remove my <NoForms> tag from my DDX I get the error from Assembler telling me that "the baseDocument cannot be assembled becasuse it is an XFA-based form".

What am I doing wrong? Could you elaborate a little on the behavior of these two services.

I have found the link to the documentation on page 38 in http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/ddxRef.pdf, however I don't think it tells me what is wrong.

Please advice

Thanks in advance

Kim Christensen

Dafolo A/S

Denmark

0 Replies