Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

count the num of lines of the text enetered in the text edit field

Level 2

Hi,

I have an ISR edit box for multiline comments, requirement is by default text upto 7 lines should be visisble(which I have done), a vertical scroll bar should appear with the text of more than 7 line(done), if the text if more tahn 7 lines and user gives the print command for the form then whole text writen in the ISR edit fiedl should print.(STUCK WITH THIS).

Can any one help me out in solving this high priority issue.

What I am trying is to expand the box when print command is given, and recollasped it cback tonormal size, but whne I enter text with blank spaces in between this is not being achieved , I am able to achieve this if user eneter continues text

please this is very high priority issue, help me out.

Thanks in advance

Pooja

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The form has to be dynamic, the main subform must be set to flowed and the field must be set to expand in the y direction (from the Layout panel). The field must be multi-line of course.

There is a good example of this is the samples that ship with designer. Have a look at the Comments field in the sampel purchase order found in the Designer install directory at this location:

EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order\Dynamic Interactive\Form

Paul

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Former Community Member

You can make the box grow dynamically to fit the amount of text entered after the user has entered more then 7 lines but you will not

be able to control the growth of the field on a preprint command. So the user woudl enter the text and if they enter more that 7 lines then scrol bars will appear. When they are finished entering text and they leave the field it wil resize itslef to fit the amount of text entered.....is this acceptable?

Paul

Level 2

Thats absolutely right, but how to make the ui element grow its size automatically or using the code so that whole of the text written in the box will get printed not only the displayed text.

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

The form has to be dynamic, the main subform must be set to flowed and the field must be set to expand in the y direction (from the Layout panel). The field must be multi-line of course.

There is a good example of this is the samples that ship with designer. Have a look at the Comments field in the sampel purchase order found in the Designer install directory at this location:

EN\Samples\Forms\Purchase Order\Dynamic Interactive\Form

Paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul for such a wonderfull help,

I hope you still remember my font embed issue, its still pending:(

Do you have any idea if this thing (fonr embed) can be possible using java script?

Pooja

Former Community Member

You cannot embed using Javascript for sure. I loaded your font and for some reason Designer does not see it. If I create a file using that font in another program and then create a PDF and import the PDF into designer then the font comes in without issue. I am still trying to track down why the font does not show up in the designer menus.

Paul

Level 2

Thanks Paul for such a help, this I ahve already conveyed to the client that embed

iding the font cannot be possible using the java script, please let me know if

you find any useful solution.

Pooja

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----