Expand my Community achievements bar.

Copying date values from another page and reformatting inside dynamic text

Level 3

Hello,

I have a form where start/end dates are entered on one page (as mm/dd/yyyy) and then on another, the dates are copied into a paragraph, reformatted (as mmmm d, yyyy), and underlined. At first I was thinking of using floating fields to accomplish this but then thought about just printing out the paragraph dynamically and having the reformatted values inserted (if that makes any sense).

Can that be done? I've been able to get the dates to print dynamically in the paragraph but how do I reformat it (if possible)? The other option was to break it up into text and separate text fields and that just looked ugly/inefficient.

Date entry:

screenshot_date-format1.png

Paragraph and copied date values:

screenshot_date-format2.png

Here's what I have so far:

screenshot_date-format3.png

Is there another/better way to do this?

Thanks for all your help!

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi there,

I suggest you use floating fields, it's the best way to accomplish something like this.

Simply change the floating fields from TextBox Fields to Date/Time Fields and make sure the fields have display pattern set to (mmmm d, yyyy) and the values should display correctly. In the calculate event get the value from the other fields in the other page and insert a default value if null.