Expand my Community achievements bar.

Copy table from Excel

Level 2

Is it possible to copy a table out of excel or word and paste it into an Adobe form?  If so when I build the form what do I need to do?

1 Reply

Level 4

I'm not aware of any way to directly copy multiple excels cells into multiple form fields, wihtout doing each cell individually. There is a bit of a waorkaround that you can use, though... you can create an excel workbook which binds itself to an xml data source whose schema matches that of your form. This can be a bit time consuming, especially when you bring repeatable subforms into play, but when done correctly, you can fill the data in the excel document, output it to an xml file then bind that xml file to your form.

Alternatively, if you can transpose the data from Excel into an MS SQL server, you can build a query the quite easily outputs xml by using the 'for xml' directive. I do this for a buch of our forms that we populate from various databases, and it's very straightforward.

let me know if either of these options interrest you, and I'll be happy to provide more detailed instructions.

- Scott