Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Copy and paste 500 items from Excel into Listbox

Level 1

How do we copy 500 items from Excel and paste into Listbox at one time in LiveCycle Designer ES.

9 Replies

Level 7

Even if it were possible to place 500 items in a listbox, why have a user wade thru 500 choices? Perhaps some sort of "drill-down" approach would be more user friendly?

Level 1

Hi,

My requirement is - need to copy items from Excel document and paste into the listbox.That 500 number is just a number,it may be 10 or 20.If you know how to solve this problem using LiveCycle Designer ES, please share in this forum with an example if possible.

Thanks

Former Community Member

Which version of Designer are you using?

Paul

Level 1

Hi Paul,

am using LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2

Level 1

Paul,

I know this feature is available in LiveCycle Designer ES 9.0.Is it possible to do this thing in LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2?

Former Community Member

Nope .....there were a couple of tricks where you could do it from script but there is no tool.

Paul

Level 1

Paul,

Can you please forward the sample code/form that you have done this kind of copy from excel and paste into listbox if you have anything

Email  is : livecycle1977@gmail.com

Former Community Member

I do not have that script .....this was discussed in the forum before .....if you do a search I am sure you wll be able to find it.

paul

Level 10

One option to do this is:

Add a formula into your excel sheet into an empty column.. and then copy all the rows to Initialize event of the ListBox. Change the A85 and B85 according to your data. A85 in the below formula represents Display text for List Item and B85 represents Value for that list item.

=CONCATENATE("this.addItem('",A85,"','",B85,"');")

After you add the formula, you get a text similar to this.

this.addItem('Ireland','IE');

Just copy all the 500 rows and then place in the Initialize event of your list box.

Hope this helps.. If you still have issues let me know..

Thanks

Srini