Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

CoolType error 'CT generic: UniStringAtom: UTF-8 str overflow'. Windows 10, clean install ES4 Designer only, with latest service pack.

Level 1

I'm getting the above error whenever I try to open an existing form, or create a new form using any available method. I've tried running a repair, as well as a clean install but nothing seems to work. I've just installed the latest service pack and patches, but this has made no difference. I need to edit an existing form, but I'm unable to even open it. PLEASE HELP!

6 Replies

Level 10

This are many possible reasons for this problem. It may be a defective font file like Arial MT. If you have recently installed new fonts remove them. Also, you can try to reset Designer to its factory defaults by renaming its folder under you user account (C:\Users\yourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Designer). The folder "Designer" will be recreated next time you start Designer.

Level 1

Unfortunately your suggestions haven't worked. I haven't installed any new fonts and deleting the app data folder hasn't changed anything. Still the same issues.

Level 10

Sorry, but I don't know a solution that would fix the problem for you. Check the event viewer for more details. Maybe you can find a solution with the information provieded there.

Level 1

ScreenShot_12.png

Hi, I had same error,But i fixed it. the reason is fonts folder of Windows 10,Check and Del the font one by one .(make sure backup),you will fond the problem font.

Level 1

Hi Mrashid, This issue also bothered me so much. And it was caused by the system fonts. What I did is that I deleted all fonts in the system. (Some fonts cannot be deleted, system will block you). And then I copied all fonts from the PC which could open the Adobe form designer and then pasted these fonts to the PC with issue. And then the form designer could be opened.

Otherwise, we need to check and delete system font one by one. It will take huge efforts.

Hope this could help.