Expand my Community achievements bar.

converting file from 8.2 and 8 liveCycle Version

Level 3

Hello,

I started a job with liveCycle 8.2 and know i need to send it to a person who have the 8 version.

The file size changed and it seems not working.

Is there any operation to make them more compatible.

Thanks

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

LC Designer (and Acrobat/Reader) are developed in line with the XFA Specification. Full details here: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/xml/index_arch.html

Safari1.png

LC Designer 8.2 complies with XFA Specification 2.8, whereas LC Designer 8 is back at XFA Specification 2.5. Therefore the new features in-between these versions will not be supported, when opened in LC Designer 8.

I am going to suggest one option, but you should only attempt this on a copy of the original form. This may not work and will certainly mess up the form if it uses new features.

On a copy of the form, open it in LC Designer 8 and go to the XML Source tab. In the namespace line change 2.8 to 2.5. Save and try and open in LC Designer 8.

Parallels Desktop1.png

I haven't tried this and I wouldn't really recommend it. It is up to you. I would have thought that it would be better to recommend to the other person to upgrade their copy of LC Designer to the latest version.

Good luck,

Niall