Expand my Community achievements bar.

Convert static pdf file content(Images,Charts and Arts) to dynamic xml form pdf

Level 2

Hi All,

I have one static pdf file contains images, charts and some arts. I need to convert static pdf file to dynamic pdf file which should come all the data content

in my converted dynamic xml form pdf. I am attaching my sample static pdf file to this thread. This file has only one chart control image. I tried to convert this in dynamic xml form pdf, but i failure to do this.

Can you please convert this pdf to dynamic xml form pdf.

Advance Thanks

Prasad Sagala

6 Replies

Level 10

OK,

1. Open LC and click open file;
  2. Select the existing static PDF;
  3. When the import window appears, click "Do not use Assistant";
  4. This will open a custom dialogue box and you can select "Embed Images". Select from the drop down the format that you want for the embed images and the quality;
  5. When the form opens in LC, go to the Form Properties and charge the target back to 8.1 (as per djaknow's post);
  6. Save the form as dynamic.

Screen shots below:

30-09-2009 16-08-45.png

30-09-2009 16-07-59.png

Hope that works,

Niall

ps, here is the form...

pps, In a previous post you said that the existing static (flat) PDF is 300 to 600 pages, you may run into performance issues with such a large file. Test, test, test...

Level 2

Hi Niall,

Thanks for your support i got it now.....it is working fine...

Prasad Sagala

Level 2

Hi Niall,

I got one small issue with one static pdf report convertion. I have attached that static pdf report.

The problem with this report is after converting static to dynamic xml form pdf. If you observer the red and white combination bars of each cell in converted pdf file not comming in exact cell like in static pdf.

Can you please tell me what is the issue with this?

Advance Thanks

Level 10

Hi Prasad,

It appears that LC is getting confused with the red/white hatched pattern and is brining in additional image objects. You can delete the additional image / hatches; however I suspect that this is not ideal.

I have tried printing the flat (static PDF) up to PDF version 1.7 first and then importing into LC; but no luck there, still the same problem. I also tried importing the images as PNG and BMP, but that didn't work either.

I would recommend changing the hatching to a solid colour, as the grey appears to have converted OK.

Last option (that I can suggest anyway), if you export the existing flat PDF to a series of JPEG images, you can use the image object in LC to embed each JPEG (page) into the form. Slow process, but at least it will have the exact same appearance of the original flat PDF.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 2

Hi Niall,

I fixed the 'red/white hatched pattern' images.

Actually i got another problem while converting my static pdf file size 12MB ( Which Includes all images in each page of PDF doc) to dynamic xml form pdf giving 'C++ Runtime Error' dialog and closing Adobe LiveCycle Designer.

Can you give solution to this problem?

Advance Thanks

Prasad Sagala

Level 10

Hi Prasad,

I saw your other post. I suspected that there would be performance problems with such a large file (number of pages and file size).

There may be a couple of options.

When preparing the original PDF can you print to A5, as opposed to A4. This way you might reduced the resolution sufficiently. You will need to check readability of the lower resolution, particularly the graphs etc. Also I would agree with Paul, that splitting the file down may be the only work around.

Now another possible solution would depend on where this form is stored and how it is accessed. If it is on a server and ALL of the users have access to the server (stored location) when using the form then instead of importing the 600 pages of the PDF your form would contain the search page and a series of pages with full size (A4) imageFields. When it exports to JPEG, each JPEG will get the original file name with the page number at the end. This will make it easy to reference in scripting.

With your original PDF you would export to JPEG and store all 600 pages on the server. Then you search criteria, instead of showing and hiding pages would populate the blank imageFields, using href.

This is from the help file:

ImageField1.resolveNode("value.#image").href = "/E/dev/Logos/adobe.jpg";

This type of solution will keep your file size down and will be less likely to fall over due to performance issues. However it is dependent that the users have access to the location where the JPEGs are stored.

Good luck,

Niall