Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Convert Dynamic Form to HTML

Level 4

Hello all,

I recently came a cross a situation where one of our forms needs to be converted into html before it is sent to the recipient. I've tried to do so in acrobat using:

1) File -> Export -> [HTML -> HTML 3.2 / HTML -> HTML 4.01 with CSS 1.0 / Microsoft Word Document / Rich Text Format]
2) File -> Save As -> [HTML 3.2 / HTML 4.01 with CSS 1.0 / Microsoft Word Document / Rich Text Format]

Converting or saving to the HTML creates an html document with the header and metadata, but no body content. Attempting to convert or save it to a Microsoft Word Document or to Rich Text Format causes the error "Save as failed to process this document. No file was created".

I checked the javascript console in case more information was detailed there, but no luck.

The document was created with Adobe Livecycle Designer ES 8.2, and is a dynamic xml form. Is it just not possible to convert this format into html (or another format that can then be converted into html)?

If there is some other method/software that can be used, I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction. Thanks for your help.

- Scott

0 Replies