Expand my Community achievements bar.

convert a doc file to pdf using LiveCycle PDF Generator

Level 1

Hi,

In c# windows application , i have to convert a doc file to pdf

I need to install the software in one system and use it by other clients like a web service

i like to use Adobe Live cycle PDF generator

I have two questions

How to do the conversion process in c#.Like accessing the PDFGenerator through coding?

And is Adobe Live cycle PDF generator comes in any package like Adobe Acrobat Professional 9 or Adobe Acrobat Standard 9?

Or it comes only in Adobe Live Cycle ES?

8 Replies

Level 2

Hi,

You can find information on how to call PDF Generator from .Net etc in the LiveCycle ES2 documentation: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/?view=documentation

To answer your next question, PDF Generator is only available as one module of the ES2 suite, which is a whole different platform than Acrobat. You can download a trial version from Adobe.com if you want to try it out.

Hope this helps.

Level 1

Hi dawittwe

Thanks for your clarification

I have one more doubt. Is it possible to install the PDF Generator in one system

And can i convert the word doc file to pdf by using the software like a webservice?

Thanks

D.Rajkumar

Level 2

Hi Rajkumar,

You install PDF Generator on its own server, and you have several ways of invoking pdf conversion like Watched Folder, EJB Endpoint used for java, you can use Adobe AIR/FLEX etc and you have SOAP endpoint which is used for .Net applications. You can then convert office documents like word doc and other formats to pdf by having your .net application call the SOAP endpoint. Do you need any additional information?

Regards

Daniel Wittwer

Level 1

Thank you dawittwe

ya i like to use the feature Watched Folder

Can it be done through coding?

And one more doubt i have is

can i invoke the same like web service ie i should use one system to process for many clients?

Level 8

Just my comment.  It was redundant to the conversation.

Former Community Member

Hi,

i have also the problem to create pdf-files from .prn-files.

in normall windows aplication we ar using the distiller but we would like to create the pdf's by running our application as windows service.

in this case it is not possible to use the distiller. As i understood we have to use the acrobat PDG Generator as a server application.

My question is, is it possible to make function calls to the service where i pass trough the prn-file and the according pdf-file is than created immediately.

This is important because the created pdf-file ist than used for different purposes.