Expand my Community achievements bar.

Contents of a space as file attachments to a non-interactive PDF

Level 2

Hi,

I have a process that allows the retrieval of items from a space in content services and attaches those files (.xml, .pdf, .doc, .xls, .docx, ...) as file attachments to an interactive, reader-extended pdf (I achieve this using an attachments-map and the FormsService.renderPDFForm service).

However, when I transform the interactive PDF into a non-interactive version of the document (using OutputService.generatePDFOutput) I lose my attachments.

My final objective is to provide my end-user with a portfolio or a static pdf with file attachments. Those attachments are retrieved from content services and their number varies as well as the type of attachments (pdf, xls, doc, docx, xml, jpg, png, ...). Please advice on how to achieve this objective, without having to provide the end-user the interactive document.

Thanks,

Wim.

4 Replies

Former Community Member

Try making the PDF non-interactive 1st then add the attachments.

Paul

Level 2

Hi Paul,

This is maybe a silly question, but is there an easy way to add the attachments afterwards?

(I currently do not own PDF Generator)

Best regards,

Wim.

Former Community Member

I believe that you can add attachments through the Assembler service by using a DDX file to control.

Paul