Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Conditional Data Binding

Level 2

I would like to bind data to a table only on the condition that one of the child tags has a certain value.

For example, let's say my XML file had the following structure:

<tag>

<condition>1</condition>

</tag>

I want to bind only if the condition tag has a value of '1'. Does anyone have an idea how this can be done?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

You need to use SOM predicates in your Data Binding expression. For example the binding expression for your entire table with the common parent of <Table> let's say, you could put:

$.Table.[tag.condition.value=='1']

Remember the '.' (period) after Table since that what tells the XFA parser to expect a boolean to determine whether to bind or not.

If you require more detail, please provide more xml and your form names/hierarchies.

Kyle

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

You need to use SOM predicates in your Data Binding expression. For example the binding expression for your entire table with the common parent of <Table> let's say, you could put:

$.Table.[tag.condition.value=='1']

Remember the '.' (period) after Table since that what tells the XFA parser to expect a boolean to determine whether to bind or not.

If you require more detail, please provide more xml and your form names/hierarchies.

Kyle

Level 2

Thanks that resolves my question, but I also want to know how I would be able to use SOM predicates in javascipt code

I tried:

xfa.resolveNode("xfa.datasets.data.tag.[condition.value=='1'].TestValue").value

For an XML structured in this manner, except with multiple tags with different condition values:

<tag>

<condition>1</condition>

<TestValue>0</TestValue>

</tag>

Level 8

This will return all the tag nodes whose condition element equals 1:

xfa.resolveNodes('$record.tag.[condition=="1"]')

You can also use:

XMLData.applyXPath(xfa.data, "RootNode.tag[condition='1']")

if you're more familiar with xPath expressions. It's also faster (when you get up to around 10,000 entries).

Kyle