Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Complicated price formulas help

Level 2

Hello,

I have a membership renewal form that I am making and I am quite new to writing formulas and scripts. I have provided a list below of what I would like the form to do, and would like to know what the best way to accomplish each of these things would be so I can seek out tutorials on how to do them. Please provide your input if you think it would be easiest to accomplish these things using Javascript, FormCalc, Action Builder, or a certain function in any of these options.

I have a date field in the form that defaults to the current date and I would like to:

Add a fee based on the date:

I would like the form to automatically add a $35.00 admin fee if the current date is between May 1st and December 31st. No admin fee if the date is between Jan 1st and April 30th.

Price based on Drop Down menu and date:

The user selects their membership type from a dropdown menu. Currently the Membership Fee is populated based on their drop down menu choice. However, I would like the Membership fee to be calculated automatically based on a) the drop down menu choice and b) the date. There is a different Membership Fee depending on the date, for each of the drop down menu choices. So for example,the "Full Membership" choice in the dropdown menu should calculate the Membership Fee based on the current date as follows:

April 1st to Sept 30th: $310.00

Oct 1st to Oct 31st: $155.00

Nov 1st to Nov 30th: $129.00

Dec 1st to Dec 31st: $103.00

Jan 1st to Jan 31st: $388.00

Feb 1st to Feb 28th: $362.00

March 1st to March 31st: $336.00

Any input as to how I can get my form to do these two types of calculations would be greatly appreciated.

0 Replies