Expand my Community achievements bar.

Completing a form in stages with different people.

Level 1

Hi,

A bit of a LiveCycle newbie here - but really excited for the possibilities!

I'm currently investigating whether LiveCycle will be a good fit for my workplace but I have a few questions that I'm still working out... I'd love any help you can offer as I work through it.

I'm a fast learner so hoping to answer my own questions as I read more of the forums.

But for right now, I have this one:

1) Our order forms include the Company and Client details at the top, and order details, total cost etc. below.

Qs: Can our staff fill-in the Company/Client details section in Adobe Reader, lock/protect that section, and then send the semi-completed form on to the client so they can submit their Order request?

I hope that makes sense - not sure what to look for with that one.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

2 Replies

Level 7

Yes you can do that. There is a function called access where you can change a field to read-only or protected. You could put this fuction either in the exit event of a field so once your staff put in the details it will lock, but that means they couldn't change it if they made a mistake. I would probably make a button which your staff can click when they have finished and are happy with their section which would lock all their fields and then disappear.

Level 1

Thank you for the ideas.

It sounds like a challenge but I'll have a go and see what happens!