Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Completed reader extended forms coming up blank

Level 1

I have an issue with one of my Reader Extended forms (dynamic form created in LCD ES 8.2) and it's compatibility with different versions of Reader.  The problem occurs when the person completing the form has a different version of Reader than the person receiving the completed form.  When the completed form is opened in a different version, the form appears in it's original, incomplete state.  However, the completed form opens correctly if opened with the same version as was used to complete the form.

All workstations here have either Reader 8.1 or Reader 9.  The order does not seem to make a difference - the Reader 9 completed form cannot be viewed correctly in Reader 8, and vice versa.

Does anyone have any ideas?

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

I am only guessing here...

For each of the fields check the binding tab, to see if the binding is set to "normal" or "none".

If set to "none" then this may be the issue... not sure.

I have not seen this before. I hope you get a solution.

N.

Level 1

Niall,

Changing the binding to "normal" worked. I was having some issues with the performance speed a few months ago, and one of the tips I read in an article was to turn off subform binding. It didn't have any negative effects on the form, but I did not have the opportunity to test it across multiple versions of reader. Even if I had the opportunity, it wouldn't have occurred to me that it might cause an issue such as this because the form data is not bound to an external data source.  

Thanks for your help!

Craig

Level 10

Hi Craig,

Yes, I think it is advisable to set subforms to "none", but then have objects set to "normal" if you want them to hold onto data.

Either Stefan Cameron (http://forms.stefcameron.com/) or John Brinkman (http://blogs.adobe.com/formfeed/) covered this in their blogs.

N.