Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Compatibility with Windows 7

Former Community Member

Hi,

Our company will be upgrading it's pcs to Windows 7 shortly. I have Adobe Livecycle Designer ES2 installed. I've been having a look on-line but have yet to find a definitive answer as to whether it's compatible with Windows 7. Can anyone help?

Cheers

Bobby

7 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

Have a look here: http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/system_requirements/designer.html.

OS include Windows Vista.

I have been using LC Designer ES2 and ADEP Designer 10 on a Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit OS without any difficulty.

Good luck,

Niall

Level 7

I am running windows 7 Premium and the script below does not work!

Script was working with Windows XP.

On enter event of the "Department" dropdown:

// Open the dropdown list on the enter event

xfa.host.openList("Department");

Any ideas why?

thank you

Level 7

Hi,

It may depend on your version of Reader and/or Acrobat. Using a string in the parenthesys of openList("string") is deprecated. You should try an object reference instead (remove the quotes) as in openList(object).Sooner or later the "string" won't be supported.

I use Win7 Ultimate (64 bit) and have never had a problem because of the OS..

Stephen

Level 7

Hi Stephen,

I am using Acrobat 9 Pro and does not work even when I try the script:

xfa.host.openList(Department);

When I use ReaderX script:

xfa.host.openList("Department");

works fine.

Thank you for your help

Level 7

I have had some issues with Reader 9 vs Reader 10. For some reason, certain scripts (unrelated to openList) choke with Reader 9 or below, but not Reader 10. Also, have you tried FormCalc?  The Preview in Designer will use Reader on your dev machine to render the form, unless it is not installed or unless you have changed the assigned program for .pdfxml in the Win 7 control panel, I believe.

Level 1

Hi Bobby,

There are a few known issues listed in the Designer Release Notes: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/9.0/lcdesigner_releasenotes.htm.

Regards,

Jenny

Level 10

Hi,

I've used Designer ES2 on XP (x86) and Win7 (x64) without any difficulties.

So I think, you generally should have no problems using it under Win7.