Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Comment / Markup not available ??

Level 2

I've created a document with Live Cycle.  When I open it in Reader, I can't use the Comment/Markup feature to attach a document to the form.  Is it something to do with expanding text fields ??  ARGH !!

5 Replies

Former Community Member

No you have to Reader Extend the form to allow commenting in Reader.

Paul

Level 8
  1. I believe you need to add Reader Extensions to documents that you want to comment on using Reader.
  2. If it is Reader Extended, then there is an issue that you can’t add comments to a form unless there are at least 5 fields or a special bit of JavaScript injected.  I thought it was only with Reader commenting in a browser, but it could be your issue.  The script is below:

/*********** belongs to: Document-Level:Comment ***********/
function Comment()
{
Collab.showAnnotToolsWhenNoCollab = True;
}

Level 2

I've done the reader extension part with no success.

Where should I put your bit of code in the form ??

Level 8

It needs to be added at the document level onOpen. If you are doing it as part of a process, then you will need to add the script BEFORE you add the Reader Extensions.  The easiest way to do that is to use Assembler's invokeDDX to inject the code.

The following DDX has worked for me in the past:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0/">
    <PDF result="out" return="true">
        <PDF source="origDoc"/>
        <JavaScript source="js1" name="onOpen"/>
    </PDF>
</DDX>

Level 2

Isn't it / Shouldn't it simply be a security or permission setting somewhere ??  Other documents I've created have never caused this problem - and I started this one the same way - from square 1.  I appreciate the suggestion and advice and all, but it just seems like it should be something simple and/or obvious somewhere.