Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Combining XML Data from a LiveCycle Form back into original form

Level 1

Hello,

I've found lots of questions on the topic but very few answers...

I've create a form in designer (dynamic and grows to size, etc) that has gone out and has now been returned (about 15 or 20 copies). Some chose to return the saved PDF to me since I had extended usage rights to Reader, other emailed the XML data. I've compiled the returned form (in Adobe 9 Pro) and it all looks good, but I now also want to be able to view ALL responses to a given field back in the original form/template (or at least together in one cell/field of some kind). In the top area, I can select one line (that is one suite of XML data from one returned form) and Adobe fills in the original template (shown in the lower pane) with all the selected form data, but when I select multiple lines, the data from only one line shows up in the form.

Say one field is named "Objective_1_2", I now have 15 responses with multiple lines of text in that field, and back in the original template (or in some other way), I want to see ALL "Objective_1_2" responses collated into one field.

The result I'm after is being able to show everything at once without the manual labor of reorganizing and restructuring the exported spreadsheet (as appears to be the case right now).

Is this possible (keeping in mind that I don't have an option to use the server software to merge everything...).

Many, many thanks,

Cory

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Thats because each row gets a unique name ......so from the tables perspective each one is different.

Paul

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Former Community Member

Not possible (AFAIK).......you can load each individual response that was returned one at a time but you cannit see all of the responses

at the same time.

Paul

Level 1

Good to know, as that was the main feature I was keen to make work (and the whole reason from trying Adobe forms in the first place!). Oh well, back to the SharePoint track...

Just so I'm aware... can this be done if a person is set up with Adobe ES Forms or the server packages? Anyone heard of any third party software or plug-ins to do this in Excel?

Former Community Member

If you use the Distribute functionality the reposnses can be returned to you in a table format where you can see all of the responses at the same time ...I was merely pointing out that you will not see them in teh context of your form.

Paul

Level 1

Thanks Paul...it must be the way I've set up my form (hierarchy?). In each form, I have a header of 6 fields and then 29 expandable text fields that each user has filled out (with a bunch of Java-based conditional formatting). When Acrobat spits out the xml from "Distribute Forms"...

each

response

from

the

same

form

...ends up in a separate row, and I wanted...

each response from the same form

...along the same row (at the very least, but as I said I was more hoping to combine "answers" from each). No idea where I went wrong with that!

Thanks again,

Cory

Correct answer by
Former Community Member

Thats because each row gets a unique name ......so from the tables perspective each one is different.

Paul

The following has evaluated to null or missing: ==> liqladmin("SELECT id, value FROM metrics WHERE id = 'net_accepted_solutions' and user.id = '${acceptedAnswer.author.id}'").data.items [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 41] ---- Tip: It's the step after the last dot that caused this error, not those before it. ---- Tip: If the failing expression is known to be legally refer to something that's sometimes null or missing, either specify a default value like myOptionalVar!myDefault, or use <#if myOptionalVar??>when-present<#else>when-missing. (These only cover the last step of the expression; to cover the whole expression, use parenthesis: (myOptionalVar.foo)!myDefault, (myOptionalVar.foo)?? ---- ---- FTL stack trace ("~" means nesting-related): - Failed at: #assign answerAuthorNetSolutions = li... [in template "analytics-container" at line 83, column 5] ----