Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Combining forms with pdf files

Level 1

I need to find a solution to combine my new LiveCycle form with my pdf files that have filable text fields. When I try to combine them I get a message saying "Adobe XML Forms cannot be merged". My goal is to be able to link and fill all the fields from the form to the pdf files. Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to combine them all in LiveCycle. Acrobat PDF and LiveCycle PDF aren't compatible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to combine them all in LiveCycle. Acrobat PDF and LiveCycle PDF aren't compatible.

Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply. I have searched all over for a way to combine them in LiveCycle apparently am overlooking the obvious. Could you provide the steps taken to accomplish this task?

Level 10

Basically you have to lay the whole thing out in LiveCycle.

I've done it by using the Replace Artwork (under the Edit menu) command on an existing form and selecting a pdf that has all the pages I need in it. Then you have to move the existing fields in your LC form to the proper pages.

Or, put together a pdf with all the pages, bring that into LC as a new form and then copy/paste your existing fields to where you need them.

I don't know if there's a better method hopefully someone else has some ideas. It would be a nice feature in a future version of LC to be able to add pages to an existing form.

Level 10

I guess there is a better way too, if you have LiveCycle server with Assembler you can combine the different PDFs.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2006013#2006013