Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Combined two results sets into one

Former Community Member

I have two result sets from "Query for Multiple Rows as XML". I would  like to combined the two based on a common id.

where  a.id = b.id add b.* to a

I know that a "SetValue" will  allow you to add items to the xml, but how would you do that based on  the ids?

5 Replies

Level 10

Can you post the two resultsets?

Nith

Former Community Member

Example of the XML:

XML1:

<Books>

<Book id="11">

<AuthorName/>

</Book>

</Books>

XML2:

<Authors>

<Author>

<BookId>11</BookId>

<AuthorName>Smith</AuthorName>

</Author>

</Authors>

So in my XPath does this make sense.

Set Value Activity

../XML1/AuthorName

Expression:

../XML2/Author[BookId == ../XML1/Books/Book/@id]/AuthorName

So, assign the value of Author/AuthorName to Book/AuthorName where Book/@id equals Author/Bookid.

Level 10

No!  The expression wont produce the expected result.

Because, the expression ../XML2/Author[BookId == ../XML1/Books/Book/@id]/AuthorName      will try to look at the 11th child node (author node) of the XML2 node (like an array indexing).

So, (I think) the only way is to iterate each node in XML2 to find and set the value of AuthorName for each Book node in XML1.

Nith

Former Community Member

That is not my understanding of XPath.I'm sure that my expression is not correct but if I were to write:  ../XML2/Author[BookId = 11] that would return Author where the BookId = 11.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa226513%28v=SQL.80%29.aspx

I should be able to take the value(s) from one xml doc and query another. That is the point of XPath.

Former Community Member

I combined the xml documents into one, and used xlt to format the output before he service returned the final xml message.  A set value activity was used to do this.