Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Code works on new form not on older form

Level 2

Hi

I am trying to change an existing form (add some code). I tested the code in a new form I create on my computer but when I do the same on a form supplied and created on a different computer the code won't work

What I see is that the form properties of a new form on my computer give Version 9.xxx  and on the form that was created on the other computer the Version is listed as 8.xx

Anyone know how I can convert the Version 8.xx file to a Version 9.xx? 

Or someone know how to set a EnclosedOption group from optional to required in Version 8? In version 9 I use  Gender.validate.nullTest="error" or Gender.validate.nullTest="disabled" but this doesn't work on the old Version 8.xx PDF File.

Help greatly appreciated!

regards

Meir

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Reason for difference in behaviour the form is a static pdf where the other is dynamic pdf. The objects are drawn differently based on how the form is saved and rendered.  When static the red boxes will not appear when changed dynamically on the fly.  However the functionality does work, it does not allow a submit however it is a not as noticeable without the red border as to where the missing information is located.

There was a tag <?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/2.6/ LegacyEventModel:1 LegacyRendering:1?> that when it exists causes the form to behave differently.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Level 2

In Designer go to File -> Form Properties and choose the defaults tab.  Change the Target Version of the from from Acrobat 8 and later to Acrobat 9 and later.

Once this is change the XFA version of the form has been updated.  If you still have issues then, you may also need to go the XML Source view near the end of text you may see an element similar to this, the version number may be different.  You can remove this line

<?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/2.6/?>

Once you move back to the Design View you will be prompted to save.

Level 2

Jenn Hi

Thanks for the response. I did change the Target Version and that didn't help. I tried to go to the XML Source View but after about 5 mins the application goes into "Not Responding". The form is pretty full (6 pages) and over 400 fields! Maybe Im just not giving it enough time to open the XML View?

Any other suggestions?

Regards

Meir

Level 2

If you save the file as xdp you can simply open the xdp in any text editor like wordpad, notepad.  Make the change there and save and try again.

If there are a lot of objects/pages in the xdp there can be many lines in the xml source which could be why it is taking a long time.

Level 2

Hi Jenn

Did as you suggested to xdp deleted the originalXFAVersion (found it listed twice) resaved the xdp. Opened and saved it as PDF in LiveCycle but still no luck!

Thanks for the help so far any other ideas greatly appreciated!

Regards

Meir

Level 2

Can you attach or upload your form to Acrobat.com so that I can take a look at the form?

Level 2

Where can i upload it to? Don't see an Attach option here

Meir

Correct answer by
Level 2

Reason for difference in behaviour the form is a static pdf where the other is dynamic pdf. The objects are drawn differently based on how the form is saved and rendered.  When static the red boxes will not appear when changed dynamically on the fly.  However the functionality does work, it does not allow a submit however it is a not as noticeable without the red border as to where the missing information is located.

There was a tag <?originalXFAVersion http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-template/2.6/ LegacyEventModel:1 LegacyRendering:1?> that when it exists causes the form to behave differently.

Level 2

Jenn

thanks for the help. Its working perfectly now!

Keep up the good work

Meir

Level 2

Jenn Hi

Two more questions if i may.

In the Dynamic version that you sent me we ended up with the entire ExclusionGroup with a large red box around it where in the static each option used to have the Red instead. And it seems to be a very thick red box.

1) Is there anyway to control the width of the Red Box?

2)I switched the version that you sent me back to "Static" and then in the verification options added "color fields" and this gives us the functionality that we originally wanted. 

The challenge with this solution is that the "page # of ##" on the master page doesn't render.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Meir R.