Expand my Community achievements bar.

Circular Tabbing Order

Level 2

Has anyone noticed that sometimes, the tabbing order automatically jumps to the first field when leaving the last field of the tabbing sequence, and sometimes it doesn't? It simply goes nowhere i.e. it leaves the last field and no other field gets focus.

I built a sample form (dropped 3 text fields inside a positioned subform) for debugging purposes and noticed when in preview mode and hit the tab key right away, the tabbing sequence ends in the last field. Then if I click anywhere on the page and hit the tab key again, the tabbing sequence circles through the form no problem.

Just wondering if anyone noticed and knew why it behaves this way.

Thanks much

Hélène

3 Replies

Former Community Member

I just tried it here and duplicated the issue ...that is bizarre behavior. I do not know why it happens that way. If this is an issue for you, I suggest you open an incident with support and get an official explanation.

Paul

Level 10

Hi,

It just seems to happen in Preview only and not in Acrobat/Reader in Windows or Mac.

https://acrobat.com/#d=g7DaMq4vSFjBrWbI8cGI4Q.

In Preview there is a warning beep, but I can't see where the focus is going or why it stops.

Niall

Level 2

Thanks Paul, Niall. I didn't noticed that it behaves differently/correcly in Reader. Good catch. I will look into my forms and report the issue with Support if the issue persists.

Have a good one.

Hélène