Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Check Form for Errors When Digitally Signing?

Former Community Member

Greetings,

I am using LiveCycle Designer ES3.  The target version of my form is Adobe version 8. 

My form is initially completed by a document generator, then forwarded to a reviewer.  The reviewer will then use the form to document his/her determinations (approved, disapproved, etc) of the material the document generator submitted for review.  Once the reviewer is done with his/her determinations, he/she digitally signs the document using the signature field created in LiveCycle.  Once the document is signed, it is locked down and unable to be edited further.

Is it possible to have my form check for oustanding errors when the reviewer attempts to sign?  Also, is it possible to not allow the reviewer to sign if errors are present?

Thank you in advance for your help.

2 Replies

Level 8

Why are you allowing the user to submit if there are errors.  Would it not make more sense to force correction prior to the document getting to the reviewer?

Former Community Member

To clarify, the document generator only fills out a few fields.  The reviewer completes the rest of the form, so the reviewer would be the one making the errors.