Expand my Community achievements bar.

Check boxes, Radio Buttons, and XML Field Order

Level 1

I am working with Adobe Designer Version 7.0. Hopefully this forum can still address my issues.

I am creating a registration form that will often be submitted via email to us for processing. To help make the data both easy to transfer for us into our excel file  and to minimize the errors made by the people using the form, I need the form to be able to do a couple of things that I am having a hard time figuring out. My questions are the following:

1. I have a list of 7 check boxes that each insert a dollar value into a seperate numeric field on the form. Each check box has a unique dollar value associated with it. Is there any way to design the form so the user can only choose one of the check boxes? I tried using radio buttons in a group, but if a user mistakenly chose the wrong radio button and then selected another button from that group, it would add to the total in the Application Fee field and not subtract out the previous amount. Below is the code i used for one of the check boxes.
  2. I have two numeric fields that the user must choose one or the other. Can I design those two fields (numHomes and numBuildings) so that if the you enter a value for one field, you cannot enter a value for the other field? Both fields are then calcuated in a seperate numeric field. Below is the code i used for the numeric field.
  3. I want to be able to take the data emailed to us as an XML file  when a user submits the results via email and directly paste it into our Excel file. To keep the cut and paste process simple, I want to make sure the order of the XML fields matches the order of the database fields so it can be done in one shot. Do you know how to organize the XML fields? They do not seem to correspond to the ordering found under the Hierarchy tab. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

if (this.rawValue == 1) then

numAppFee.rawValue = numAppFee.rawValue + 350;

else

numAppFee.rawValue = numAppFee.rawValue - 350;

endif

numHomes * 50 + numBuildings * 100 + numDups * 10

1 Reply

Level 10

Create an XML Schema (XSD) and define that as the default form schema. The form data will conforms to the order of fields defined in the XML schema.

Hope that helps.

Nith