Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Check Box Options

Level 2

Starting a new thread since the original author marked it as "solved" but no public info was posted.

I would like to know how to have a checkbox show nothing for off, a dash ( - ) for neutral and a check for on.  An answer was given in another thread:http://forums.adobe.com/thread/789045?tstart=0

But I was having the same error the thread creator was having.  Could anyone else please provide assistance?  Thank you!

8 Replies

Level 10

You may not use the right  version of LiveCycle Designer.

Here is a sample attached which works as you expected.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B8KcjZtz1YzXNjlhNTgxYjktOTRmMi00Z...

Nith

Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Nith.

I apologize for not posting it, but I'm using LiveCycle version 8.2 in Adobe CS4.  Is there some way for me to get the desired effect on my sheet?  When I clicked the link, the message didn't go away.  I could never see the document.

Thanks again for your help.

Level 10

Contact me on nith.mof@gmail.com

I will share you with the file.

Nith

Level 2

Hey Nith.   I sent an email but haven't heard back yet. Could you email me at keltc@hotmail.com? Thanks.

Level 2

Still looking for some help with this issue if anyone can help.  Thanks.

Employee

Hi,

Please make sure that your scripting language is set to JavaScript and NOT formcalc.

Thia should solve your issue.

Level 2

Marcel -

Thank you for your response.  After ensuring the scripting was set to Java, I no longer get the syntax error.  However I'm still only getting the light X/dark X/blank square option, even after putting the code that was shown in the previously mentioned thread.  I'm still trying to get the neutral state in the checkbox to be a hyphen.  Thanks!