Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Char length restriction not working in reader < 8.2.5 (dynamic xml)

Level 1

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered already but I have been searching around and haven't found anything to help with my issue as yet.

I have created a dynamic form for target version 8.0 or later.

Some of the fields need to have char restrictions placed on them, the form has flowing enabled and all that is working great. 

However if I would say paste 2500 char in a field with char set at 2500 max the limit will enforce this. But if I click outside that field then go back into it i can keep typing or pasting without restriction?

Using the same form on Adobe reader 8.2.5 and above (including 9) the limit is enforced and I don't seem to have this issue.

I wish I could say just ask users to upgrade but that unfortunately isn't an option

any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanks

Steve

1 Reply

Level 10

Hi,

Setting the 'limit to number of characters' in the Object > Field palette should work (even for target version 8).

Here is an example which shows the settings approach and one script solution using substring().

http://www.assuredynamics.com/index.php/category/portfolio/limiting-the-number-of-characters-in-a-fi...

Hope that helps,

Niall