Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Change PDF Setting Signature not allowed, Adobe Livecycle Designer

Level 2

Hi all,

I want to have a signature in my PDF I created with Adobe Livecycle Designer. Therefore, I used the standard signature field.

If I have a look and open the PDF with Adobe Acrobat Reader, the signature is not working. If I click on it, nothing happens and the fill & sign option is greyed out.

I check the document settings and I see that there the Signature attribute is shown as "Not allowed".

1856932_pastedImage_0.png

Any ideas how to change this setting?

In general, I don't want a digital certificate in the document. I just want to use the "normal" Adobe signature feature, where I can put an image of my signature or sign it in there directly and afterwards everything is read-only (default behaviour).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Deborah

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

You might have to Reader extend your form to allow the signature in Adobe reader.

Level 2

@mayank gandhi What is Reader extend? Is this another license fo Adobe?

Employee Advisor

Can you send me the document I will check it on end?

Level 2

@mayank gandhi to which E-Mail address can I send it?

Employee Advisor

I have messaged you directly.

Level 10

Da das Formular nach dem Unterschrieben gespeichert werden muss, erlaubt der Acrobat Reader das Unterschreiben erst, wenn das PDF die Rechte zum Speichern besitzt. Um diese hinzuzufügen, muss das Formular einmalig in Acrobat geöffnet und über [Datei] > [Speichern als…] > [PDF mit erweiterten Reader-Funktionen] neu abgespeichert zu werden.