Expand my Community achievements bar.

Centre textfields within a flowed subform?

Level 1

Hi, Part of the LCD document I'm working on includes a code number, which comprises short runs of characters separated by slashes. The characters will be entered by the user in Textfields and the slashes are Text boxes.

I've set up a flowed subform (Western text) containing a row of Text boxes and Textfields. Each Textfield is limited to  5 characters and set to expand width if needed. At present the Textfields are ranged left in the subform, as usual with Western text flow direction; I'd like them to be centred in the subform, and to re-centre when the textfields expand.

Can anyone help me achieve this?

PS. Still on LCD ES8.2, unfortunately!

4 Replies

Level 10

Click on the subform you want to center the textfields,

open paragraph palette and align center

Level 1

Thanks Robert for your response. I tried this, but it didn't work.

When I click on the subform (in both Design View and Hierarchy), the Paragraph palette is greyed out, ie empty. The Paragraph palette only comes alive when I click on a Text box or Textfield.

Am I missing something?

Level 1

Does anyone else have a suggestion?

Level 10

Hi Glenn,

In Designer ES3 there is an option added to the layout palette for the text field.  This adds a hAlign="center" to the text field, you could try manually adding this in the XML Source view of the form.  I don't have Designer 8.2 but I tried it in ES2 and it seems to work fine.

You text field should end up looking something like;

<field name="TextField1" w="62mm" h="9mm" hAlign="center">

Good luck.

Bruce