Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cant Sum column, keep getting error messages in preview mode

Former Community Member

I have tried everyway possible to do a spreadsheet with it to be able to do a sum total on the last column and everytime I get the message as above

The calculation line is "sum(TotalAllowable[*])"  I get the error message " accessor 'TotalAllowabll[*]' is unknown" when I try to preview the spreadsheet.

I dont know what Im doing wrong.

I had started another spreadsheet from scratch with the row number like[1] and it still doesnt work

I get all the Horizontal calculation right with the final outcome displayed on the far right hand side of the spreadsheet but when it come to summing these total at the bottom Right hand corner of the spreadsheet I get the above answer.

I have been stuck on this problem for weeks, I ve gone through the tutorial and couldnt find what I was doing wrong.

Anyone please help, I think the answer to it is simple, as I am so close to finishing it now.

Thanks for any help

6 Replies

Level 10

I ve tried my level to the javascript code.. it works.. but if u feel its useful, use it with JS..

See updated form attached..

Nith

Level 2

you need to identify each cell in the formula.  this is because each has a different 'path'.  here is what you need:

Sum(form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row2.TotalAllowable.form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row3.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row4.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row5.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row6.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row7.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row8.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row9TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row10.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row11TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row12TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row13.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row14.TotalAllowableform1.#subform[0].Table1.Row15.TotalAllowable.form1.#subform[0].Table1.Row16.TotalAllowable)

I know it looks horrible, but notice that each one has a different row number.  That is why you keep getting the error message.  Also, rename your row 16[1] or note the last entry of your calculation script should be row16[0].

have fun.

rpeterson

Former Community Member

Thank you very very much for this I appreciate this a lot.

I cant see where you put the command path lines so I could do this myself again If I need to. How did you do that?

Level 2

in the calculate event of the total allowable cell...  the one that you want to give the sum in

Former Community Member

I did look there, it was done in javascript for me see the updated version.

anyhow thansk again I will use that

Level 2

i did not enter the script for you.  i figured it would take too long what with the queue issues of the forum.  i just gave you the script to put there.  sorry for the misunderstanding.

-rpeterson